It’s been said, “The Quality Of Your Network Equals Your Net Worth.”
I’ve found this to be true.
I’m sure in your entrepreneurial journey you’ve come across many others who would rather joke about your goals and (seemingly) like to see you fail. You’re not alone in this. Often times others see your growth as a threat to their relationship with you, or to their own inadequacies.
It’s common, and unfortunately this leads to the failure for many otherwise very driven people who feel like they are leaving their friends behind.
One recommendation is growing your current relationships and adding group of “power players” to your rolodex. If you want to get better at basketball then you play with people who are better than you. It’s a simple rule that applies to success in anything… especially in business.
If you aspire to certain level of success it’s important you surround yourself with like-minded people who share your values, and goals. Your network should support you and your efforts. A quality network is your springboard for ideas. Also, your network opens doors and brings new opportunities.
Elevate yourself and your income by surrounding yourself with positive influences. It’s been said your income is a direct reflection of the five people you spend most of your time with. Look at it for yourself, it that true? If you don’t like the result… fix it.
How do you expand your network?
- Go to events with like-minded, success focused people.
- Join groups in your community and on social networks like Facebook or Linkedin.
- Ask others in your current circle of influence to make introductions for you.
- Volunteer for worthy causes. (You’ll often find that super successful people look for ways to give back.)
- Get yourself a coach that can help you overcome hurtles that may come your way. The most successful people in life have coaches.
Follow this advice and grow not only in income, but personally. The rewards will serve you for years to come!