14 Nov County Departments Explained
Here is a brief overview of the different county departments and their functions…
Assessor (also called the Appraiser in some states)
- They are responsible for apprising the properties for tax purposes.
- They keep undated information about the property and owner. (But not tax information)
Treasurer (also called the Tax Collector in some states)
- They are responsible for collecting the taxes in the county
- They are also the department that manages the Tax Deed or Tax Lien auctions for delinquent property.
- They also are responsible for sending out late notices to owners who are late on their property taxes.
- They do not keep detailed property information only information that is related to them collecting taxes.
Recorder (also called the Clerk)
- Responsible for recording and maintaining deeds, liens, plat maps and any public documents relating to a property.
Here's what some students have to say about Jack's Training Programs...
JOIN JACK'S FREE TRAINING CLASS TO LEARN MORE